1 Ocak 2013 Salı

Frank's Chop House - Chicken Fried Steak

To contact us Click HERE
So after many years of driving by a small green building on Westheimer and Weslayan, Leaney and I finally decided to try Frank's Chop House, after repeatedly hearing how good their chicken fried steak was.  I'm typically not the biggest fan of "gourmet" CFS, but I thought I might as well give this place a try (celebrating finally taking a job offer), especially since it was HALF PRICE WINE NIGHT (all wine bottles are half price on Sundays).  We started out with a BBQ shrimp appetizer, which was good but WAY overpriced at $15 for 5 whole shrimp, served with the heads.  For our main course, Leaney enjoyed the shrimp and grits while I went with the CFS.  To my surprise, this thing was pretty legit.  It was "full-sized" (many nicer places give you a smaller cut), and there wasn't an excessive amount of batter.  The batter was seasoned well with a very distinct taste, and I thought it was a damn good CFS (still not as good as Mason Jar or Luby's).  My only complaint is that they served it atop a bed of veggies.  Who eats veggies w/ their CFS?  More mashed potatoes please....

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder